In the last decade we have witness multiple new trends in the technology sector that have gained new heights and also fiddle out soon. However some stuck around and have altered the course of mankind.
Take the example of Pokémon GO; the faster it gained popularity, even fastest it went out of trend and currently we do not even see a hint of what it was.
With 2018 knocking on the door, today we will talk about some trend that can play a very significant role in the coming year and the effects they might have on our near future.
- With such increase in datafication, we are leaving a lot of data breadcrumbs in some or the other manner. Our chats over social media or buying online thing using e-wallets or taping the card for payout, are given some or the other indirect access into the users life. Such wide data have doubled over the past two years and it is expected to go up more in the coming years.
- The rise in use of IoT (Internet of Things) has also gone a notch. From smart watches to other things like home security and such have made the daily lives very easy. These devices are intern connected in some or the other manner and they share data on a continuous manner. Even the cars a becoming smart and with time, they will also be connected to the internet.
- Growth of quantum computing is also on the horizon. Such data or other use of devices won’t be easily possible without the computing power and over some years, the consumption has doubled, resulting into its rarity. But with quantum computing, the computers will become a lot faster than what they are today and the storage capacity will also go up a notch. Most of the tech giants in the world are bidding against each other to launch the first quantum computer that can solve the problems that we are not even aware about.
- The rise in use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is also very highly noticed. Just like us humans, the computers can also learn new things everyday and evolve. Using evolves and a computer in the same line is only possible due to AI. This means that the future computers can undertake more and more human tasks and they can read, speak, emote and can do multiple other things that all humans can do.
- Automation is also one giant step. Intelligent machines will make our many tasks very easy. The processes and other decisions can be made faster and it can have a big impact on the job sector of any working class. However, they are as of now considered dull, dirty and dangerous. However, if it continues to grow, they will offer services that are faster, safer, cheaper and more accurate compared to humans.
- 3D printing is also here to help manufacturers with some amazing ideas. The effects are positive and they can offer a more elaborate idea of the things you want to create. The printing can be done using any sort of materials like plastic, metal, concrete, liquid, powder and others as per the needs. More complex shapes can also be created using them and that too in a cheaper manner.
- Interacting with technology have also changed widely and is still changing. With the help of smart phone and tablets, you can talk with just one tap and it is a proven fact that the mobile searches have passed the desktop searches in past years. Voice search is becoming more sustainable and it is predicted that it will cover a wide market over the coming years.
- Blockchains are here to take over the issue of protecting data. In salient terms, storing, authenticating and protecting data will be taken care by such concept. The records or blocks are connected to each chain and it is self managed as well. That in turn means that there’s no one person or organization in charge of the entire chain. Financial services, insurance and healthcare are prime contenders for such uses. Blockchains are here to take over the issue of protecting data. In salient terms, storing, authenticating and protecting data will be taken care by such concept. The records or blocks are connected to each chain and it is self managed as well. That in turn means that there’s no one person or organization in charge of the entire chain. Financial services, insurance and healthcare are prime contenders for such uses.
The above mentioned are some of the ones that I feel will have a very positive and higher impact in our coming future and it can alter the way of life and our daily operations in many ways. How they will fare out and what will be the ramifications of them, only time will tell. But as of now, it surely looks promising and there is whole lot of new advancements that we can notice.
Currently we are on a threshold of technological evolution and our steps and decisions will decide the fate of our future generations.
Feel free to write in the comments section, if you have anything to add.