What is AngularJs?
Benefits of AngularJs:
1) Two-way data binding: AngularJs performance offers a faster and easier data binding, which doesn’t need developer interference. It makes sure that whatever changes made to the view part, will be quickly displayed in the model and vice-versa.
2) DOM manipulation: As mentioned above, Angular uses a two-way data binding, which reduces developer’s efforts. It means that the developer gets a lot of time and efforts to code translate and update the DOM elements.
3) Improved server performance: Angular reduce the work of server CPUs, which means, the server performs extremely well because of reduced traffic. Also, it only serves static files and responds only to the API calls.
Drawbacks of AngularJs:
AngularJs is a very traditional way of displaying frameworks which take lots of time and efforts of web developers. Another problem with AngularJs is that its Directives are difficult to use. In addition to that, many AngularJs features like dependency injections and factories can be a problem for traditional developers, which makes you choose between only two options; either you spend a lot of time understanding the whole process or hire an experienced AngularJs development professional.
What is Backbone.js?
Backbone.js is a total of only 7.6kb if compressed for production. It has only one dependency; Underscore.js. It is highly versatile and the MVC pattern powers a lot of famous sites like, Twitter, Hulu, Pinterest, and Foursquare.
Benefits of Backbone.js:
1) Versatility: Backbone.js makes you in charge of choosing the tools that can work best with the given project. It doesn’t come with its own templating engine.
2) Community: with a score of 26 thousand stars on GitHub, 29,100 YouTube results, and about 18,000 questions on Stack Overflow, the Backbone.js is really huge. You can find great solutions in the documentation, which saves you a lot of time.
3) Website speed: like any other framework with MVC architecture; Backbone.js reduces the load on a server so that the website only depends on it for getting JSON data and not for the logic of how to display it, which result in significant performance efficiency, even if, the size of page grows.
The disadvantage of Backbone.js:
The only disadvantage of Backbone.js is its complex framework. Unless you are an experienced web developer, you cannot solve the codes all by yourself.
What is React?
Released by Facebook in 2013, React is also a framework with new innovations to the “view” component of the Model View Controller (MVC) architecture. Unlike AngularJs; React is a library, which caters only to the view. It uses one-way data binding but with a unique twist.
Benefits of React:
2) Server-side Rendering: React can be delivered to both the client and server-side, which gives a greater coding flexibility and giving the Virtual DOM a room for breathing and spread its wings.
Each framework is created with some up-gradation and there are different types of benefits and challenges while working with any framework. It’s your call to make, as a developer, which framework will be suitable for you.